Sunday, September 25, 2022

Colby Raha at a SICK spot- 114 foot damn gap jump


Colby Raha with a new edit of a crazy jump at an epic spot.  116 foot downhill dam gap jump.  This boy is crazy... in a good way.  Subscirbe to Colby's YouTube channel, "Raha."  Do it right now, I'll wait.  


I first heard of Colby Raha, not from the X-Games, but from a photo I shot at Sheep Hills.  I had a pic of someone busting a big backflip on a BMX bike, and wasn't sure who it was.  I'd been back east and out of the action sports world for over 10 years, and didn't know who all the younger riders were.  I posted the photo on Facebook, and somebody said, "That's Colby Raha, the FSMX guy."  So I looked up some of his videos, and his riding blew my mind.  He wasn't just doing cool FSMX tricks, he was going BIG, and setting up weird and interesting street spot gaps, as well as free riding in the hills and tricking off ramps.  Progression on multiple fronts, that's what I saw in his videos.  

It's 6:32 am right now, the sun isn't even over the horizon this morning, and I came to McDonald's to start this new blog idea.  I was going to write the first post explaining why me, as an old, fat, ugly, homeless guy, am doing a blog called The Spot Hunter.  I opened up YouTube to find a song to wake me up, and this brand new video popped up of Colby.  This new blog is all about spots, locations where people do cool stuff.  Mostly it's going to be BMX, MTB, skateboard, and art spots, but any cool spot fits the bill.  And this dam where Colby hucks over this crazy downhill gap is one of the most amazing "street" spots I've ever seen.  So Colby Raha, you get post #1 on my new blog, well earned with an epic series of jumps at an amazing spot.  I'll explain the thinking behind this blog in the next post.  

For those of you who haven't heard of Colby Raha, here's a good video to see what he's all about.


Not the greatest photo, but here's the pic I shot of Colby Raha at Boozer Jam 2019, at Sheep Hills, that led to me learning who he was.  BMX roots.  #steveemigphotos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kite Surfing at a place called Bedsheets in Brazil

Hannah Whiteley and friend kitesurfing lakes and sand dunes in northern Brazil, a spot known as Bedsheets.    And now for something complete...